Your own website is around the corner21 days ago
In this article, we will explain a few important things about websites building.
- How to build a website?
- What is needed to show it to other people?
- If technical support is required?
How to build a website?
Development from scratch
This kind of development may be very complicated and required a well-coordinated work of a group of specialists, such as a UI / UX designer, web programmer, QA-specialist, IT-specialist.
- Full customization of the internal mechanisms of the website;
- Compliance with technical specifications;
- Suitable for the large business ideas implementations;
- Used to unique projects implement.
- A large group of specialists is required;
- Large investments are required;
- Time is required to create site.
Build with online builders
Let’s consider the pros and cons of this approach.
- Simple and easy web interface for building a website by yourself;
- A lot of ready website templates;
- No special knowledge of HTML markup and programming is required.
- When free version is using, it is impossible to connect a domain (you need to buy a premium service package or similar);
- No hosting control;
- The ownership of the website you created belongs to the online builder company;
- Bandwidth and storage limitations;
- Possible website SEO limitations;
- Most of the required plugins and options are paid.
Build website on the CMS platform
CMS is a website content management system. The most popular are WordPress and Joomla, such programs are used to organize the process of co-creating, managing and editing website content.
WordPress is one of the most popular CMS systems for creating websites. Its pros and cons are presented below.
- Free content management system;
- There is a co-administration website function;
- A number of additional options such as good statistics; integration with few kinds of databases;
- Powerful website management: from minimal code edits to full control of any uploaded files;
- Website creation of any constructive complexity, from a simple one page website to an online store with thousands products;
- Multilingual and clear interface.
- You need to have some knowledge base in the programming;
- Have some skills in website development;
- Care about hosting.
Even with its cons, WordPress is a very solid platform for building websites. WebToPRO has chosen this system for website development. If the website is set up correctly, the customer will be able to make changes with a user-friendly WordPress interface when editing and updating information on his site.
In this article has already mentioned terms as hosting and domain, let’s figure out what they are for and whether you can do without them.
What is needed to show it to other people?
Hosting or more strictly web hosting is a service that allows you to post a website or web page onto the Internet. A web host, or web hosting service provider, is a business that provides the technologies and services needed for the website to be viewed on the Internet.
But in order to find your website on the Internet, you need the unique address of your website location, i.e. Domain name. Domain name is the name of the website, the unique name that you have given to your website. For example, our domain is webto.pro.
It is important to note that both domain and hosting are rented. Domain name rented for at least a year.
Technical support required
So we have discussed a number of important elements on a website. Every website always requires attention to technical support, software updates and setting up internal processes. A static website, which cannot be edited in a management panel – it is difficult to promote it and every small change requires time and effort. So, in addition to website building, you always need technical support for its maintenance. We at WebToPRO do not “abandon” our customers halfway and maintain websites 24 / 7.
We do our work with high quality and at good prices.